Did you know?
- Every day a mature tree creates enough oxygen for four people to breathe.
- Tree leaves capture and trap dirt and chemicals, improving people’s health and reducing pollution.
- Trees make our city cooler by adding moisture to the air and creating shade.
- The average city street tree lives only seven years.
- A mature tree needs three dumptrucks full of good fertile soil to grow big and strong.
- Trees help cities save money by fighting climate change, cutting down on energy use and improving people’s physical and mental health.
- Trees improve road safety because streets appear more narrow and drivers slow down.
- Having a view of trees reduces depression and stress and makes people happy!